FRIESLAND

IMO number:5121562
Call sign:PH4142
MMSI number:244660378
Nat. Official Number:HN 2406 2203433
Flag:Netherlands
Port of registry:Enkuizen
Registered owner:Rederij Gebhard, Enkhuizen
Commercial manager:Rederij Gebhard, Enkhuizen
Shipyard:N.V. Scheepswerf “Alphen” P. de Vries-Lentsch, Alphen a/d Rijn / 378
Launch date:17-12-1955
Seatrail date(s):13-06-1956
Delivery date:15-06-1956
In service:16-06-1956
Route:Harlingen-Terschelling
Gross tonnage:591
Net tonnage:370
Length overall:52.02 M
Length BPP:48.51 M
Beam:9.35 M
Depth:3.55 M
Draught:2.40 M
Passengers:600
Main engine:Werkspoor TMAS 336
Power:478 kW
Speed in knots:12
Ship history & data

Ship history data

1956: FRIESLAND
Unknown
Terschelling / Netherlands
(15-06-1956)
Owner: N.V. Terschellinger Stoomboot Maatschappij, Terschelling
Manager: N.V. Terschellinger Stoomboot Maatschappij, Terschelling
1988: CAROLINA
PH4142
Zwijndrecht / Netherlands
(28-03-1988)
Owner: Rederij Carolina, Zwijndrecht
Manager: Rederij Carolina, Zwijndrecht
Shareholders: Jacques Mooren & Theo Gebhard
1992: FRIESLAND
PH4142
Zierikzee*/ Netherlands
(00-00-1992)
Owner: Rederij Friesland, Rotterdam
Manager: Rederij Friesland, Rotterdam
Shareholder: Theo Gebhard
1996: FRIESLAND
PH4142
Enkhuizen* / Netherlands
(00-00-1996)
Owner: Rederij Gebhard, Enkhuizen
Manager: Rederij Gebhard, Enkhuizen
Shareholder: Theo Gebhard

Additional info

17-12-1955:Christened by Ms. Nelly Doeksen and Launched at N.V. Scheepswerf “Alphen” P. de Vries-Lentsch, Alphen a/d Rijn .
13-06-1956:Sea trials on Marsdiep.
14-06-1956: First arrival in Harlingen.
15-06-1956: Sea trials with invited guests and delivered to N.V. Terschellinger Stoomboot Maatschappij, Terschelling.
16-06-1956: In service Harlingen-Terschelling.
04-06-1958:While moored in Harlingen, hit by ss “PHILOMEL”.
00-00-1975:In service as reserve boat.
31-01-1981:En route from Vlieland to Harlingen, as a replacement for “OOST-VLIELAND” that was in the yard in Harlingen, ran aground on the beach of Vlieland around 7:10 during dense fog. Tried to release by tugboat “STORTEMELK”, but got a broken steering gear during pulling loose and also ran aground. Pulled loose around 13:00 by “STORTEMELK”.
00-00-1986:Laid-up in West-Terschelling.
28-03-1988:Sold to Rederij Carolina, Zwijndrecht, renamed “CAROLINA” and converted from a ferry to a saloon boat.
Capacity 600 pax, original 1270 (later 1000), 16 cars.
07-04-1988:Departed from Terschelling via the IJsselmeer to Enkhuizen.
08-04-1988:Departed from Enkhuizen to Amsterdam-Borneokade, after a week of renovations then left for Zwijndrecht.
00-00-1992:Sold to Rederij Friesland, Rotterdam and renamed “FRIESLAND”.
01-04-2002:In use as ‘veerboot Enkhuizen – Medemblik’ in connection with the ‘Historische Driehoek’ / Museumstoomtram.
16-06-2006:Registered as ‘Varend Monument’ registration number 2500.
29-05-2020:During the Covid-19 pandemic, together with the “HOLLAND”, chartered by Rederij Doeksen to accommodate the reduced capacity of their current fleet due to distance rules. In service Harlingen – Terschelling / Vlieland.
04-08-2020:Back in service Enkhuizen – Medemblik.
*Not mentioned on the aft ship


Latest data adjustment: 19-10-2024